Re: Is there is any wifi firmware in main?

green wrote at 2013-02-20 07:55 -0600:
> "Morel Bérenger" wrote at 2013-02-20 02:21 -0600:

> > To be honest, this is what I was expecting, but I thought that asking to
> > the list could have give a solution.
> > Since it is not an emergency, I will hope for some positive reply a few
> > more time... who knows ? :)
>
> See <http://linuxwireless.org> and
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_wireless_drivers#Linux>.
>
> The Wikipedia table includes a field for the requirement of non-free
> firmware.  Of those listed there, I remember having used ath5k, ath9k,
> b43, madwifi, and probably one of the Ralink drivers.
>
> Though I had an obsure once-a-month crash with ath9k in master/AP
> mode

In case it matters, by the above I meant "rare crash", often less
frequently than once per 30 days.  I tried to diagnose it but was not
able, due partly to the fact that the system was remote.  For a few
years now I have been using that particular wireless PCI card in
another Debian system in managed mode, with no trouble at all.