Re: upgrading to wheezy - multiseat stops working

Linux-Fan wrote:
On 02/19/2013 02:36 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Linux-Fan wrote:
On 02/17/2013 11:57 PM, Sergey Spiridonov wrote:
Hi Debian

I try to upgrade my working multi-seat installation to wheezy. I have
nvidia graphic cards. In squeeze I used gdm. It was working OK. I had
following entries in gdm.conf:

8<--------------------------------->8
[...]

8<--------------------------------->8

Nothing special...

Wheezy does not have gdm. There is gdm3, but Google tells that it does
not support multi-seat. So, I took lightdm. Here is first lightdm.conf
(copy-paste from gdm):
8<--------------------------------->8
[...]

[Seat:0]
command=/usr/bin/X -novtswitch -sharevts vt8 -isolateDevice PCI:2:0:0
xserver-layout=seat0

[Seat:1]
command=/usr/bin/X -novtswitch -sharevts vt8 -isolateDevice PCI:3:0:0
xserver-layout=seat1

8<--------------------------------->8

This does not work. I reduced X command as much as possible. When I look
at ps output, I can see that isolateDevice is filtered by lightdm. Also
lightdm adds his own options to X, so reduced command line looks like
the following:

[Seat:0]
command=/usr/bin/X
xserver-layout=seat1

[Seat:1]
command=/usr/bin/X -sharevts
xserver-layout=seat0
This topic recently appeared in a German computer magazine:
do you have a link for that?

With a quick look at the end of the article, I found
http://www.ct.de/1305158 which only has the configuration examples of
the article.

Should be helpful for the OP. Thanks.

Hugo