Re: upgrading to wheezy - multiseat stops working

On 02/17/2013 11:57 PM, Sergey Spiridonov wrote:
> Hi Debian
>
> I try to upgrade my working multi-seat installation to wheezy. I have
> nvidia graphic cards. In squeeze I used gdm. It was working OK. I had
> following entries in gdm.conf:
>
> 8<--------------------------------->8

[...]

> 8<--------------------------------->8
>

> Nothing special...
>
> Wheezy does not have gdm. There is gdm3, but Google tells that it does
> not support multi-seat. So, I took lightdm. Here is first lightdm.conf
> (copy-paste from gdm):
> 8<--------------------------------->8

[...]

> [Seat:0]
> command=/usr/bin/X -novtswitch -sharevts vt8 -isolateDevice PCI:2:0:0
> xserver-layout=seat0
>
> [Seat:1]
> command=/usr/bin/X -novtswitch -sharevts vt8 -isolateDevice PCI:3:0:0
> xserver-layout=seat1
>
> 8<--------------------------------->8
>
> This does not work. I reduced X command as much as possible. When I look
> at ps output, I can see that isolateDevice is filtered by lightdm. Also
> lightdm adds his own options to X, so reduced command line looks like
> the following:
>
> [Seat:0]
> command=/usr/bin/X
> xserver-layout=seat1
>
> [Seat:1]
> command=/usr/bin/X -sharevts
> xserver-layout=seat0

This topic recently appeared in a German computer magazine: Although the
description was for Ubuntu, it might help you that they recommended to
end the command line with a '#' to make the added options becomme
comments, like

command=/usr/bin/X -novtswitch -sharevts vt8 -isolateDevice PCI:2:0:0 #

or similar.