Re: upgrading to wheezy - multiseat stops working

On 02/19/2013 02:36 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Linux-Fan wrote:
>> On 02/17/2013 11:57 PM, Sergey Spiridonov wrote:
>>> Hi Debian
>>>
>>> I try to upgrade my working multi-seat installation to wheezy. I have
>>> nvidia graphic cards. In squeeze I used gdm. It was working OK. I had
>>> following entries in gdm.conf:
>>>
>>> 8<--------------------------------->8
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> 8<--------------------------------->8
>>>

>>> Nothing special...
>>>
>>> Wheezy does not have gdm. There is gdm3, but Google tells that it does
>>> not support multi-seat. So, I took lightdm. Here is first lightdm.conf
>>> (copy-paste from gdm):
>>> 8<--------------------------------->8
>>
>> [...]
>>

>>> [Seat:0]
>>> command=/usr/bin/X -novtswitch -sharevts vt8 -isolateDevice PCI:2:0:0
>>> xserver-layout=seat0
>>>
>>> [Seat:1]
>>> command=/usr/bin/X -novtswitch -sharevts vt8 -isolateDevice PCI:3:0:0
>>> xserver-layout=seat1
>>>
>>> 8<--------------------------------->8
>>>
>>> This does not work. I reduced X command as much as possible. When I look
>>> at ps output, I can see that isolateDevice is filtered by lightdm. Also
>>> lightdm adds his own options to X, so reduced command line looks like
>>> the following:
>>>
>>> [Seat:0]
>>> command=/usr/bin/X
>>> xserver-layout=seat1
>>>
>>> [Seat:1]
>>> command=/usr/bin/X -sharevts
>>> xserver-layout=seat0
>>
>> This topic recently appeared in a German computer magazine:
>
> do you have a link for that?

With a quick look at the end of the article, I found
http://www.ct.de/1305158 which only has the configuration examples of
the article.