Re: disk labels mismatch

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:50:52AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:42:48 +0100, pavicic <pavicic@grad.hr> wrote:
> >updated grub
>
> So you updated grub automatically, not manually ;)?
>
> I always write my grub.cfg or menu.lst myself, doing this I can

Eeeeaaaahhhh!, that's probably asking for trouble!¹ Not good advice!!

> chose the entries, the way I need them. It might be impossible, but
> at least it would be much, much work, to set up this automatic
> update thingy, to fit to my needs.

All configuration should be done under '/etc/grub.d/' and of course
there is '/etc/default/grub'

¹ Scripts can run update-grub overwriting your settings, and besides,
grub.cfg can't be wriiten to in the normal way unless you mess with the
permissions.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X