Re: disk labels mismatch

Hi!

This problem has been solved but since some points
might be of general interest even to Debian developers
here is a report on the issue.

To summarize: There are 3 disks on the machine
sda, sdb, sdc. Debian Sid is installed on sda.
sdb is _not_ mounted but contained an older
installation of Debian Squeeze.

The problem was that grub "saw" that old installation
on sdb although sdb was _not_ mounted. For example,
I deleted grub.cfg and updated grub and all old
installations from sdb would reapear. Equally so
during booting.

At the beginning I thought that was the problem of
the MBR at sdb but Bob Proulx and Igor Cicimov helped
in excluding that option. Then I reformated sdb and,
of course, the installations were no more.

I would say that this is something that should be
changed. Grub simply should not read unmounted disks.

Best,

Mladen.