Re: OT: just falling back to fluxbox after Gnome3 mem-leak experince

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 12:09:16PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Indeed, but we're talking about 3GB of memory here, which seems hard to
> justify for such an application.

Sure, but my point was it's not a leak. Being memory inefficient is one thing.
Leaking memory is where, over time, it takes more and more memory because it
is not properly freeing up memory it has finished with. You need to sample
the memory usage more than once to establish that some is being lost to leaks.