grub and gpt

Hello,

Several (about 9) months ago, when I updated grub from squeeze to wheezy, it failed to boot my system (GPT, 2To) so I kept grub at the squeeze version (1.98+20100804).

Now that wheezy is coming more and more stable, I want to know if there are any bad luck that the new grub (1.99-26) will also fail to boot my system, or is it totally safe fore me to update it ? Or maybe should I add other packages (like the grub-efi-amd64) ?

Any hints about this ? I would like something sure if possible (mainly if some people had the same issue), because I would like to avoid to repair the boot loader for X reasons.

Thanks.