Re: [SOLVED] Re: Sharing mail data

Frank McCormick wrote:
>     then ran thunderbird. Seems to work perfectly. Even with the
> bind parameter will a regular umount command work ? I'll look though
> mount manual.
> I guess I'll create a small script to do all the grunt work :)

Yes.  Just 'umount /home/frank/.thunderbird' normally.

And if you want it to be mounted every time then put it in your
/etc/fstab.  This line should do it for you with those paths.

  /media/sda2/home/frank/.thunderbird /home/frank/.thunderbird none bind 0 0

Except I am not so sure about using /media for things that are hard
mounted.  Usually that is for more transient use of removable media.
So not so sure about your previous use of hard mounting there all of
the time.  But if it works for you who can argue with success?

Bob