Re: Firefox under Squeeze

Klaus Jantzen wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >  http://mozilla.debian.net/
>
> At the site you mentioned  I only find references to 'Iceweasel'.
> Or is 'Iceweasel  esr' that is recommended for  installation
> equivalent to Firefox 18?

Firefox is the trademarked name and logo of the Mozilla corporation.
No one else is allowed to use that name or logo.  Therefore Debian
compiles it with the Iceweasel name in order to comply with the
legalities.

For the details see:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Corporation_software_rebranded_by_the_Debian_project

For our intents and purposes Firefox and Iceweasel are the same thing.
Iceweasel is the Firefox web browser.  We spell it iceweasel but
pronounce it firefox.

This is not completely unlike that Google distributes their branded
and trademarked web browser Chrome while others only distribute the
free(dom) web browser Chromium.

Bob