Re: moving from Kubuntu 10.4 to squeeze

On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 22:36 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 27 ian 13, 13:39:29, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > However, Debian tends to completely break production environments,
> > if you update.
>
> You are of course aware that when you talk about "production" with
> Debian this means stable.

In this case "production" means to update from stable to testing, since
stable couldn't be used for the productions I'm doing ;). That's what I
wanted to point out. If somebody switches from Ubuntu to Debian, because
of issues with Ubuntu, it's to be expected that the issues are solved,
when using stable, but if there are special needs and an updated is
needed, since dependencies for stable are much to old, it easily could
happen that Debian becomes buggier (and more buggy ;) than Ubuntu.

Especially if somebody has needs such as WiFi firmware, Cinelerra etc.
pp..

Regards,
Ralf