Grub infinite loop problem on dual boot system

Hi all;

I have a Toshiba Qosmio laptop that has 2 60 GB drives. I formatted one with the Windows XP that is needed to run all of the bells and whistles that the Qosmio provides. I installed Debian Squeeze on the other drive and used Grub as the boot loader. This setup worked fine. I recently upgraded to Debian Wheezy using the latest iso net install disk. Since then the system boots to the Grub operating system selection screen. If I select Debian, the computer starts, loads grub, shuts down and restarts over and over again. I managed to get back into the Windows XP side by completely reloading the XP OS from the factory disks. As long as I select the XP system things work fine. As soon as I try the Debian system the looping starts again. I tried to reload the Debian side from the iso disk but the end results are the same. Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.