Re: moving from Kubuntu 10.4 to squeeze

Sorry, hit send accidentally.

Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2013 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:05:01 +0100, Martin Steigerwald
>
> <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> > Only thing that broke was ContentNegotiation with Apache, still want to
> > write a bug report about it, cause its easily fixable when one knows
> > where to look.
>
> And compared to other distros, what bugs did appear for those other
> distros, where you run release updates?

I don´t use other distros.

Years ago, as I had a SUSE VM for some things I was able to upgrade, but it
had issues I do not know you really want to hear.

Once online repo format changed and the old tools couldn´t access it. Thus I
downloaded rpm and zypper RPM packages *including* their dependencies
manually and installed them by rpm -i.

And that was just the tip of the iceberg and by way not the only issue.

I think it got way better, but I never tried it.

AFAIK cross major version distro upgraded are still not officially supported
by SUSE. In the enterprise area I work in party with SLES as distro its
still usual to *reinstall* from SLES 10 => 11 and so on.

Anyway, what use is comparing? I know that upgrades on Debian work *nicely*.
I *use* Debian. So what relevance on earth has it to me to know whether
upgrades work nicely on xyz?

So if you want to put your time to make a cross-distro upgradeability study
feel free.

I won´t. I have better things to do with my time.

Thanks,