Re: Tomboy Notes alternative?

Slavko wrote:
Hi,

Dňa Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:22:39 -0500 Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> napísal:

I'm interested too.  Tomboy and Gnote look useful, but both seem
awfully tied to the Gnome desktop.  Any comments on Zim, or anything
else similar that would work on both:
- Mac desktop
- headless Debian popping up a remote window under MacX (without the
burden of a full Gnome or KDE desktop)
I never used the Tomboy nor Gnote. I was using for long time the
basket, but (1) this is full KDE dependent and (2) i abandon it with
whole KDE 4.

Now i am using the keepnote, the Python/Gtk based tool, for my big notes
and ideas. For simple/short notes i am using the xfce4-notes (in XFCE),
IMO it is usable without the XFCE, but i never tried it out of XFCE.

Thanks! Playing with keepnote and zim now. Both run just fine w/o a desktop manager.

Miles