Re: Tomboy Notes alternative?

José Silva wrote:
On 21/01/13 16:24, Richard Owlett wrote:
I started exploring Tomboy Notes for a writing project I'm starting. The
most attractive feature was the ability to high lite a word or phrase
causing it to be come the title of a new note.

Suggestions on either another note utility or how to add words.

Try Gnote for an almost exact replacement.

Nevertheless, I used both but I'm now converted to Zim and fully satisfied.

I'm interested too. Tomboy and Gnote look useful, but both seem awfully tied to the Gnome desktop. Any comments on Zim, or anything else similar that would work on both:
- Mac desktop
- headless Debian popping up a remote window under MacX (without the burden of a full Gnome or KDE desktop)

Thanks!

Miles Fidelman