Re: Tomboy Notes alternative?

Richard Owlett wrote:
I've just installed Debian 6.0.5 from the 8 DVD set and set
about exploring available utilities.

I started exploring Tomboy Notes for a writing project I'm
starting. The most attractive feature was the ability to
high lite a word or phrase causing it to be come the title
of a new note.

The implementation of spell checking is a deal killer. There
appears to no way to add words to whatever list it uses to
verify spelling.

Suggestions on either another note utility or how to add words.

TIA

Following up on a suggestion I found a reference to gtkspell and discovered that whatever Tomboy uses allows right clicking on "misspelled" word to enter it as a legal spelling.