Re: What would be the appropriate forum?

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
On 1/16/13, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
My ideas of what I'm looking for have been influenced by
reading about "Debian Pure Blends". They divide up primarily
along what can be loosely referred to as occupational.

My interest is the operational environment. My primary
limitation is minimal or *non-existent* networking. A goal
is "minimalist" installs. Minimal being a very individual
dependent definition. The mindset would be similar to those
working on embedded Debian.

I'm looking for a focus on using existing standard packages
(except perhaps customized scripts) and customized
documentation (especially installation instructions).

What's wrong with emdebian/ embedded debian? Docs are getting all
separated so it's becoming part of debian proper over the long term
anyway - particularly for those core/essential packages, needed on
even minimal systems.

good luck

Thanks. I thought I'd ask first on a general forum. It's how my mind works ;/