What would be the appropriate forum?

My ideas of what I'm looking for have been influenced by reading about "Debian Pure Blends". They divide up primarily along what can be loosely referred to as occupational.

My interest is the operational environment. My primary limitation is minimal or *non-existent* networking. A goal is "minimalist" installs. Minimal being a very individual dependent definition. The mindset would be similar to those working on embedded Debian.

I'm looking for a focus on using existing standard packages (except perhaps customized scripts) and customized documentation (especially installation instructions).