Re: Login music in console

Hi guys,

Some time ago you helped me to play KDE Login sound on a linux console
only. That was great.

Yesterday, I upgraded that old system from squeeze to wheezy, and
something happened.

First, the sound won't play at all, and I needed to insert in
/etc/modules the line:
snd-sbawe

(quick question: is this the correct file/procedure to make a
"modprobe snd-sbawe" hold after a boot?)

My rc.local is still the same:

-- file rc.local --
echo [Info] Setting sound volume: amixer -q -D hw set Master 98% unmute
amixer -q -D hw set Master 98% unmute
echo [Info] Now playing: ogg123 -q /usr/share/sounds/KDE-Sys-Log-In-Long.ogg
ogg123 -q /usr/share/sounds/KDE-Sys-Log-In-Long.ogg &

But the "-q" on ogg123 is not really "quiet". It gives an error. The error is:

ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.front

If that error was show during the boot, I would not bother (I don't
know if it is something I need to pay attention). But the problem is
that boot is complete, the screen is cleaned, than appear the login
screen:

------
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 iguana tty1

iguana login: ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.
front
root
Password:
Last login: sun Jan 13 12:41

[...]
root@iguana:~#
------

How can I solve this error message? That would be the best option, but
if the error message is there for good, than I could at least redirect
it to dev/null, couldn't I?

Thanks!
Beco