Re: Best recommendations for posting anonymously?? Looking for pointers

    Worrier> On 01/12/2013 11:02 AM, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
    >> Le 11.01.2013 23:27, Engineering Safety Organization a écrit :
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have any great suggestions for how to best post
    >>> anonymously to web sites and how to create web sites and web
    >>> servers to allow participants a reasonable expectation of
    >>> anonymity so that they can freely post their concerns?
    >>>
    >>> There is a pro-regulation website, http://www.engsafety.org,
    >>> on which I would like to add directions describing how best to
    >>> post anonymously for end users.  I would like US govt
    >>> regulators to be able to comment about the problems and
    >>> corruption they encounter at their jobs without fear of
    >>> retaliation, but I am not sure how best to set-up a site which
    >>> could provide this service.  The hope would be to coordinate a
    >>> bright light on the current regulatory problems to help speed
    >>> up the process of regulatory reform through safe public
    >>> discourse.
    >>>
    >>> Have any other site already successfully achieved this result?
    >>>
    >>> Help and feedback are appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Engsafety
    >>
    >> I think Tor
    >> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)) and
    >> freenet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freenet) are some
    >> interesting starting points.
    >>

    Worrier> Also, the following site might be just what you're
    Worrier> looking for -- at least in the way of examples:

    Worrier> https://riseup.net/

    Worrier> Maybe your group could set up a user list there?

Hi Worrier,

https://riseup.net/ certainly looks interesting.  Thanks very much for
the suggestion.  I will follow-up.

I  think  this  problem  is  actually  a  potentially  tough  problem.
Pointers to academic research would be great too.

I am  hoping the post  will generate some  more discussion.  I  am not
sure that encrypting disks and  an anonymous IP are enough.  Running a
private  mail server  in conjunction  with the  web server  helps, but
there should be a cookbook solution.   Or at least a discussion of the
challenges.

Really appreciate the feedback.

Engsafety.