Re: Installing Debian on an SSD

On Tuesday 08 January 2013 19:48:05 Bob Proulx wrote:
> Grześ Andruszkiewicz wrote:
> > Does the Debian installer work out of the box for SSDs?
>
> Wheezy 7.0, yes.  Squeeze 6.0, no.

Sorry, Bob, but I disagree.  I installed Squeeze on an SSD both four months
ago on my own new box and last weekend on my husband's, both times with no
issues at all that were due to the SSD.  The only "problem" was that I do net
installs, and there was a driver issue with the ethernet card on the newer
box.  But that is a motherboard problem, not an SSD one.

I did not install Gnome, which may, of course, be relevant.

Lisi