Re: Wheezy Installer Auto-Partition Oddity

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

The MBR, whether on msdos or gpt, is a well-defined area at the
beginning of a disk, not a random space between partitions.

There's no LVM data held off a PV, whether it's a partition or a disk.
The LVM metadata of a PV is stored in the second sector of that PV and
its LV "usable area" follows. Your article might have been referring
to this separation.