Re: [OT] I wish to have a mentor

Good time of the day, lina, again.

You wrote:

> Indeed, golden time ...

You do agree w/ You! :o)

> BTW, your message is encouraging.

Oh!

> Last night since I posted I couldn't help following up.
> Hours later I started to realize something, not some epiphany, but
> something like I should take more initiative in doing it even many
> times it's used to be the detour that I pick.
>
> Frankly speaking, I feel annoyed about myself among abundant road
> information still hard to pick the right way.

I have noticed the very same thing - when I did search for the info I
desired. - I wanted to package a sound software that I use, that is in
DMO but not in Debian. So I sought for info on how to package at the
first - the thing I never did, and I thought I had to join to
multimedia team in order that my packages might be uploaded and
therefore used by others.

By the way of my searching I have found that there is no single
documents that helps me w/ packaging, at least I have found 2
eventually - one speaking about packaging, another - about the way how
the software is inserted into Debian project - i.e. git.

Also, I have found that I have no need to become a member of a team -
there are sponsors/mentors - still mix up these terms - that can upload
those packages for me.

In short, let not this poorly organized documentation - for a new
maintainer - will not discourage You. It is possible that the things
will not go w/ the speed You desired them, yet it is possible and worth
of doing. Also things can be hard at the first, then it will be much
easier as You/me get habit w/ them. Finally, we can organize the
documentation for future "maintainer generations" - once we have doen
our own home work.

Have a good time!

Sthu.