Re: Shell prompt

If you are doing large-scale packing lists, invoices or inventory, friction feed printers will wear out in days (I imagine) and you will have to hire somebody to do nothing but mess around with loading paper, taking care of jams and moving the paper off the printer.  If that worker slips the pages may well be irretrievably out of order.  Tractor-fed, 5000-sheet boxes of paper makes more sense, either green-bar or white paper is available.
Much cheaper to run than laser or inkjet.
I don't know anybody running these at home, though

Wolf

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Lu, 10 dec 12, 00:12:05, Bob Proulx wrote:

> P.S. What I find most surprising is that you can still buy green bar
> tractor feed continuous computer paper.  There must still be some of
> those in use!  Wow.

Yep.

Kind regards,
Andrei