Re: Shell prompt

On Lu, 10 dec 12, 07:30:30, Wolf Halton wrote:
> If you are doing large-scale packing lists, invoices or inventory, friction
> feed printers will wear out in days (I imagine) and you will have to hire
> somebody to do nothing but mess around with loading paper, taking care of
> jams and moving the paper off the printer.

Not in my experience. We are using this at work
http://www.equanet.co.uk/catalogue/item/it-equipment/Printers/Dot-Matrix-Printer-Accessories/OKI/09002334/OKIAD099
and we print a few meters per day (used to be much more, but we are
moving as fast as we can towards paperless office).

> If that worker slips the pages
> may well be irretrievably out of order.  Tractor-fed, 5000-sheet boxes of
> paper makes more sense, either green-bar or white paper is available.

IMO the tractor fed paper makes more sense for carbon copy paper, since
the copies (should) stay together until you actually need to separate
them.

> Much cheaper to run than laser or inkjet.

I haven't actually made any calculations in this regard, but it might be
true, since we are using lower quality paper on the dot matrix printer.

> I don't know anybody running these at home, though

Well, if your office is the home...

Kind regards,
Andrei