Re: Installation

On Thu, September 13, 2012 9:58 am, lee wrote:
> "Weaver" <weaver@riseup.net> writes:
<snip>

>>> You said you want the discussion centred around what happens when a
>>> clueless user uses the Debian installer and is presented with a
>>> question
>>> about partitioning.
>>>
>>> Now you're talking about increasing the market share of Debian. That is
>>> a totally different issue.
>>
>> No, they are directly interrelated.
>> The one immediately leads to the other.
>
> And you're not distorting the discussion when you talk about something
> that is related to something but when someone else talks about something
> that is related to something they are distorting it?

There is a distinct difference between the terms 'related' and relevant'.

> You need to get used to thinking things through some more, even if it
> seems complicated to you.
>

> What about the Debian installer?  How does the clueless user know which
> keys he needs to press?

That is fully annotated in the installer.
I have never experienced any confusion in that regard.

 You could start at that question when
> discussing how to increase the market share of Debian installations.  Or
> what are you discussing?  Partitioning?  The frequent inability to
> install grub?  The claim that in most cases the installer works by
> itself?  Ugh ...

I have never advocated discussion on the last two points you provide.
Only the the first two directly related ones.
Regards,

Weaver
--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine