Re: Installation

On Tue, September 11, 2012 7:43 am, lee wrote:
> "Weaver" <weaver@riseup.net> writes:
>
>> On Mon, September 10, 2012 8:19 am, Chris Bannister wrote:
>>>
>>> Agreed. But the person who wants to install Debian is not the average
>>> end/home user.
>>
>> Exactly, but that's the majority market and I don't see anything wrong
>> woth aiming for that.
>
> Now that is distorting the discussion, isn't it? ;)

No, it isn't.
Why the average end user tries to install Debian and gives up, or doesn't
even try in the first place, is because a lack of knowledge creates
uncertainty and doubt and, in the end, rejection.

I am advocating the elimination of that lack of knowledge.

Many people would be looking at the number of downloads as an indication
of uptake percentage.
Many people would be wrong.

Just a little bit of information could change that massively.
Regards,

Weaver
 --
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine