Re: Installation

On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 10:29 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 12 sep 12, 17:53:41, Weaver wrote:
> >
> > I would be an advocate of at least a separate /home partition in the
> > 'Newbie Install'.
>
> How big? IMVHO a separate /home partition[1] makes sense now[2] only if
> one can make reasonable guesses about future use. I got it wrong several
> times and so have many others.

That's why I install everything to one partition and use external
partitions for high amounts of data.

> And no, LVM doesn't really make things easier either for someone who has no idea
> about partitions.

IMO LVM comes with absolutely no advantages, but many drawbacks. I'm
only using it with VBox for entertainment. Some people play computer
games for entertainment, I use LVM for entertainment, but don't play
computer games. IMO LVM isn't good for serious usage.

Regards,
Ralf