Re: [OT] How to redirect input/output to another console?

On 09/11/2012 06:02 PM, lee wrote:
Alex Robbins<alexdotrobbins@gmail.com>  writes:

That said, I started with screen and then switched to tmux, which is an
actively developed rewrite of screen (and is BSD licensed).  It has many
technical and objective improvements over screen, and, additionally, it
has proven a much better alternative in my personal experience.
Cool, thanks :) I've been using screen and now I'm trying tmux, which
looks very promising --- I've never heard about it before.

There has been an updated package of screen in testing a few weeks
ago. Its version seems to have changed with that, so perhaps development
of screen hasn't stopped.

I think development has stopped -- upstream.  Some people (presumably
the Debian people) have been developing patches.  I imagine that some of
these patches are for security fixes; I know that some are added features.
Either way, I think screen is still considered "deprecated" in favor of tmux.
Whatever works for you, I suppose, but in my personal experience, tmux has
been much better (It is also highly customizable.  I had to play with it
for a bit to make it function more like screen, and if you don't like the
status bar thing, you can get rid of it.)

Alex Robbins