Re: Fw: EEE-PC (900HD) + NetInst

On Mon 04 Jun 2012 at 13:22:34 +0200, Adnan RIHAN wrote:

> > That is correct. There is only one interface on the machine so d-i
> > goes straight to configuring it. Have you progressed beyond that
> > point?

> Actually, I have some news.  I've restarted d-i, it's still
> configuring ONLY eth0, so I can't go further.

I may have misunderstood you earlier. You have ethernet and wireless on
the machine. Does the ethernet port work?

> But, I've started a rescue shell and tried:
> > lspci -nn
> > 01:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8187SE Wireless LAN Controller (rev 22)
> > 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 Gigabit or Fast Ethernet (rev b0)
> So... Both of my interfaces are detected. But when I start the network
> configuration, it configures eth0, without asking me to choose between
> the 2 network cards.

The lspci command gives what the kernel has detected, not what the
installer has found when it runs the detecting the network hardware
option. It looks like d-i is misbehaving and does not pick up on the
wireless interface.

In a console

   cat /var/log/syslog | grep wlan

> Normal behavior ?

Not particularily, but I've experienced something similar. Using one of
the alpha images sorts it for me and could save you time and trouble.