Re: EEE-PC (900HD) + NetInst

On Mon 04 Jun 2012 at 02:25:11 +0200, Adnan RIHAN wrote:

I'm here about Debian (Squeeze) on Asus-EEE. I was the post on the
website, which says that some EEE are not supported, and mine don't
seems to be on any list (900HD).

I think I have a rtl8180 as WiFi component (dmesg | grep wireless),
and this driver seems to be supported on many distributions (debian
based) but not on the netinstall iso.

The rtl8180 module has been in the kernel for a number of years so it
should be on a Squeeze netinst.iso. You do not have to supply firmware
for it. Please see

Oh ok... I've tried to install debian 6.0.5 with a friend's computer as router, sharing wifi connection on ethernet.
I'm confirming the module with:
dmesg | grep Wireless
[    2.514297] r8180: Wireless extensions version 22
But actually, when I run "debian-6.0.5-i386-netinst.iso" written on a USB stick (expert install), and when I select "configure the network", it only shows me the DHCP check and a "IP address prompt". I know that when there is 2 interfaces detected (Ethernet + Wireless), it asks you which one to configure and if it's WiFi, it asks the Access-Point name and the IP addresses.

So do you know what can be my issue? Or how to find my issue (strange question) please?

Thank you for your help.
--
Cordialement, Adnan RIHAN.
Président-Fondateur de l'association (de loi 1901) Virtual-Info, hébergeur Web et Serveurs de Jeux.