Re: EEE-PC (900HD) + NetInst

On Mon 04 Jun 2012 at 02:25:11 +0200, Adnan RIHAN wrote:

> I'm here about Debian (Squeeze) on Asus-EEE.  I was the post on the
> website, which says that some EEE are not supported, and mine don't
> seems to be on any list (900HD).
>
> I think I have a rtl8180 as WiFi component (dmesg | grep wireless),
> and this driver seems to be supported on many distributions (debian
> based) but not on the netinstall iso.

The rtl8180 module has been in the kernel for a number of years so it
should be on a Squeeze netinst.iso. You do not have to supply firmware
for it. Please see

   http://wiki.debian.org/rtl818x

The installation only uses WEP, however. If WPA is more convenient for
you you will need an iso from the iso-cd section at

   http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/wheezy_di_alpha1/

For a Squeeze install it is the businesscard.iso you should download.

To put the iso on a USB device there is section 4.3.1. at

   http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s03.html.en