Re: Problem with Alsa and HDMI audio output

On Sb, 05 mai 12, 17:21:56, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:

> The Debian I'm tuning is only for HTPC usage. I want to run a standalone
> XBMC and forget about the rest... but I can't configure the audio of XBMC.

I have XBMC both from stable (debian-multimedia.org) and unstable
(Debian proper) working fine[1] only with alsa. There was nothing
special I had to do.

[1] Well, from time to time I seem to loose AC3 pass-through, but
shutting down all audio apps (to free the module) and reloading the
module (snd-hda-intel) has fixed this for me every time. But this
happens also with other apps (e.g. mplayer)

Kind regards,
Andrei