Re: Problem with Alsa and HDMI audio output

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 17:27 +0200, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a computer with a HDMI output. If I use the default audio
> output (3.5" jack) it works fine, but when I try to use the HDMI one,
> I have some problems.
>
> I tried to configure it using the pulseaudio GUI, I can't get it
> working. If I use a program that allows to select which audio output
> use (mplayer for example), I select the hdmi output and works fine.
>
> I tried using a .asoundrc file, but pulseaudio seems to ignore it...
>
> Any idea? Thanks in advance

Yes, I've got an idea, but I'll be quiet, since I don't like o be called
a troll ;). I'm kidding.

What do you think? The answer already is in your question.

Why do you have pulse installed, resp. for what exactly do you need
pulse?

If you're using Linux there's something we call self-responsibility. If
pulse cause an issue, than why do you use it? Pulse isn't needed. If
it's a dependency of your DE, than get rid of that odd DE.

Regards,
Ralf