Re: Problem with Alsa and HDMI audio output

El 01/05/12 17:58, Ralf Mardorf escribió:
> PS:
> If you should insist in using Debian for audio, than test
> http://www.bandshed.net/AVLinux.html . I don't recommend to use it, but
> for audio it's better than a clean Debian install, since for good
> reasons, it ships without pulse.

Hi troll! ;-)

I agree with you. The only reason I have to install Pulseaudio is that
Debian installed "at the beginning of the times" for me. It's a
dependency of Gnome, I think. I know some adventages of using Pulse (it
must be more flexible to configure... but I can argue that).

The Debian I'm tuning is only for HTPC usage. I want to run a standalone
XBMC and forget about the rest... but I can't configure the audio of XBMC.

I assume that configuring Alsa with a .asoundrc will be helpful, but the
point will be uninstalling the not-desired software (Gnome and Pulse,
for example) and keep the system as lightly as I can.

I hope that when I uninstall pulseaudio I will have more control about
my system's sound :-)

P.S. AVLinux looks great, but 32 bits??? It's sooooooo 2000's :-P

--
José Luis Segura Lucas