Re: Random system freezes - need your input

2012/5/4 Curt <curty@free.fr>:
> Upgrade to the newest stable driver (I guess you'll have to use the nvidia
> installer, after purging the debian package) and newest stable kernel,
> try the remedies/workarounds suggested here, if any apply:

Okay, I'll give the latest version a try. Let's see how stable that
one is... also I've created a thread on the nvidia forum.

$ cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version
NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module  295.49  Mon Apr 30
23:46:33 PDT 2012
GCC version:  gcc version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8)

> But as the driver is closed-source, non-free, proprietary, and as Bob
> Proulx would say, evil, debian development people can't help you if the
> problem fails to be resolved.
>
> That is life, as my late mother used to say, in the big city.
>
> ;-)

Hm, I can feel some malicious pleasure there... ;-)

Any real alternatives (in terms of performance, support, opensource
drivers) to nvidia?