Re: Random system freezes - need your input

2012/4/30 Curt <curty@free.fr>:
> Well, I've been bitten a few times by the logical fallacy referred to by
> the Latin phrase _post hoc ergo propter hoc_, so I'm dubious concerning
> the usb trail, although I'm as ignorant as I am dubious.
>
> For every system freeze I have ever experienced, the guilty party was my
> graphics card/driver combination, notably, my nvidia card with the
> closed-source driver.  As it appears you have an nvidia video card, you may
> wish to explore this possibility, if you haven't already.

Thanks for your reply - very appreciated. Currently I am running
Windows Vista on a third harddisk to see if a hardware fault can be
excluded being the culprit. So far I did not had one freeze since
weeks running Vista. This points back to your suspicion. I will switch
back to the opensource nv driver and see if this solves the random
freezes.