Re: Swap space not used

On 04/05/12 15:16, Bret Busby wrote:

<snipped>

> I have just tried (repeatedly) to access whitepages.com.au, using
> konqueror (one of the web browsers that I have kept allowing
> Javascript), and, each time that I try to use the web site, it just
> freezes konqueror, requiring me to use the kill switch on konqueror.

whitepages.com.au *doesn't* require javascript....

links whitepages.com.au
arrow down and select Residential
arrow down and enter Surname
arrow down and enter first intial
arrow down and enter Suburb and State.
hit Enter twice
page down to both your results. (using 1080KB RAM)

Works just as well in iceweasel 12.0.1 with NoScript fully enabled.
Ditto Konqueror 4.4.5

<snipped>

Not that the site doesn't suck, or that other gubmint sites don't suck
either. :-(

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-