Re: How do I remove a bad file??

On Ma, 01 mai 12, 19:15:19, Indulekha wrote:

> It's always wise to alias "rm" to "rm -i" in your shell.
> Also learned the hard way, when the combination of a killer
> headache and time pressure caused me to delete a bunch of
> things years ago...

I used to think so as well, but consider situations where your delete
pattern matches a lot of files, are you going to press 'y' for each and
every one of them? You will probably interrupt and add -f as well, which
may do more than what you wanted.

What if you work on another machine where 'rm' is not aliased to
'rm -i'?

What I do is always check my pattern with tab completion before pressing
Enter, even if I need -rf, because it's possible to add switches at the
end as well ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei