Re: How do I remove a bad file??

Handle this with great care!!

If you can remove it in the gui, do so.

That would be safest.

If you cannot, then look up the man page on rm, and make
sure that the -i flag works.

-i stands for inquire, and should ask you for each file that
it wants to remove whether to remove it or not.

When you are absolutely certain that you trust the -i flag,
and have tested it somewhere, then go to the directory
where the offending file is, and type:
(CAUTION)   /bin/rm -i *

Then it will ask you for each file, and you type n for
all of them except the one with the mangled name.

(I would also wait an hour first, in case somebody
has a less scary alternative that they post.)

(Note: i may sound ridiculous talking about caution here,
but i remember years ago deleting a huge amount of
work because i was removing without checking very well.)

dan