Re: X server: connection refused

On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 09:53:55PM -0500, Charles Kroeger wrote:
> On Wed, 02 May 2012 02:00:02 +0200
> Indulekha <indulekha@theunworthy.com> wrote:
>

> > Appears you no longer have the xserver installed.
> > Upgrade get interrupted, or finish with errors perhaps?
>

> Thanks for your response however I'm not sure it isn't something else as all
> the nividia-glx 295.40-1 sources and drivers inclusive of dkms sources and
> kernel and even the xserver-xorg-video-nvidia Xorg driver are all still
> installed. There was nothing in regard to the xserver removed, something to
> do with X11 or X maybe. I suspect they're screwing their nuts back at the X11
> head office.
>
> someone screwed up

Perhaps I am mistaken, or was just unclear -- sorry.
By "the xserver" I mean xserver-xorg, not the xserver drivers you
mention (dang my colloquially-inclined rural Southern hide). :)

Try "sudo aptitude show xserver-xorg", see if it's installed or not...
If so, check the same with "xinit".

--
 Indulekha