Re: [OT] Re: correct English usage

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 13:28:27 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 5. April 2012 schrieb Camaleón:

(...)

>> > I am certainly tempted to make a screenshot of the view of this
>> > thread here in KMail, upload it somewhere and put a link here.
>>
>> No need for all that work. You can get the big picture here:
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/04/threads.html#00193
>
> Thats only a subthread of the complete thread.

IIRC, I did not participate in the other branch.

>> > I might try whether KMail handles ignoring this thread. It sometimes
>> > seems to work at other times mails in the thread are still marked as
>> > new.
>>
>> This thread was (properly) tagged as "OT" and thus can be easily
>> ignored/ filtered/avoided by anyone. Move on.
>
> And I may perfectly express my astonishment about the size and the
> amount of off topic content in that thread.

Of course you can. By doing so you're not going to disturb my sleep :-)

> I think it is important to have a balance.
>
> I did not force you in any way to stop it, I just wanted to raise
> awareness on what you are doing here.

If you are a usual reader of these mailing list you shouldn't be
surprised at all to see long threads like this.

> And everyone still gets each mail.
>
> I also replied to the thread OTOH. But I think its good to settle it now
> / soon.

You can stop from posting when you wish, specially if you're not going to
contribute to the matter or you find it's a waste of time.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón