Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude

On 03/04/12 08:16, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Lu, 02 apr 12, 22:28:18, Lisi wrote:
>> On Monday 02 April 2012 22:15:08 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>>> As I understand it the latest recommendation is to use apt-get from
>>> command line and aptitude interactively.
>>
>> Ah!  Do you not use aptitude at the command line?  Is that what you are
>> saying?
>
> Yes, I only use aptitude from command line for things such as
>
>     aptitude purge ~o
>
> which are impossible to achieve with apt-get alone and not easy even if
> you combine it with other tools.

# apt-get --purge autoremove

OR (belt and corset)

# apt-get --purge remove `deborphan`; apt-get --purge autoremove

<snipped>

I usually have "Apt::Get::Purge "true";" set so I don't need to add the
--purge switch.

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-