Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude

On Monday 02 April 2012 10:48:24 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> I'd suggest this instead:
>
>     Note that apt-get now installs recommended packages by default and
>     is, for its robustness, the preferred program for package management
>     from console, to perform system installation, and major system
>     upgrades to releases as of Squeeze.
>
> What do you think?

That isn't how I had understood things - though I feel that you are more
likely to be right on this than I am.  As I had understood it, we have gone
from aptitude being recommended for everything, to apt-get being recommended
for major upgrades and the two of them being equal for day to day use at the
command line.

Lisi