Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 08:50:25AM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> On 20120402_143034, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > Other than defaulting to mounting a tmpfs on /tmp, there have been
> > *no other changes*!!  I tend to suspect from this thread that the
> > problems you are experiencing are entirely self-inflicted, because
> > they make no logical sense--there's no requirement for a /tmp
> > entry, and no suggestion of one, and the TMPDIR stuff does not
> > square with reality.
>
> The possibility that I am hallucinating has occurred to me.  I don't
> know what I can do to clear my mind. I continue to see my vision. If
> what I see is real, others will find it. If real, perhaps it is
> hardware dependent. I don't know. I do know that I have nothing
> further to give to this discussion. Please accept my inadequacy and
> move on. I, of course, with have to learn to live with it, but I will
> try very had to be quiet about it in public, and try to speak of it
> only to my psychiatrist.

Er, what?!  There's no need to "learn to live" with any problems.
And as for the comments about hallucinations and psychiatrists,
they add zero value to this discussion.  Please just keep it to the
facts.  If you want help, provide the information so that we can
help you, otherwise it's entirely worthless--no one, not you, not me
and not anyone on this list is gaining anything from it.

If there are problems, clearly state what they are, and I will do
my best to help.  But so far, you've provided no useful information
whatsoever, making it impossible to help you.  The comments you
have made do not make sense.  They are certainly not true for any
of the systems I've seen unless you've manually changed the init
scripts to behave the way you've described.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh