Re: Installing genesys on Debian - lateral thinking time?

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 23:19:12 +0100
Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suggestions welcomed - so long as they don't entail throwing the
> wretched LiDE 110 in the nearest lake - not that I would be able to
> find one with any water in it.  (Sorry, this is an international list
> and that was a local reference. I live in the south of England and -
> incredibly - we have a drought.)

Install VirtualBox, and create a virtual machine for a system that
supports your scanner. Don't use the packages from Debian, as they are
for a version of VirtualBox that does not support USB devices.

When you are able to scan using your primary system, delete the virtual
machine.

If you're like me you'll find other uses for virtual machines once you
are accustomed to working with them.

(I use a VM to run Windows in a window, as G*d intended.)  ;)Marin3r