Re: [OT] Posting styles -- Top vs Bottom

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 16:49:34 -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>> El 2012-04-01 a las 09:44 -0400, Miles Fidelman escribió:
>>
>> (sending back to the list)

>>> The question does raise two interesting points:
>>>
>>> - what IS the "official" process for setting rules (presumably, since
>>> the Debian project hosts these lists, and the servers they run on,
>>> somebody, through some process, has the authority to set rules for the
>>> lists, and post those rules to lists.debian.org) - but what are the
>>> details?  anybody know?
>> I don't know, but the way this workes in other projects I've
>> participated these conventions are made and developed by their user
>> members, which includes all of us.
>
> Right... but in this case, the Debian project is a pretty big one, with
> some formal governance, and the rules are written to govern a whole
> bunch of lists.  So I kind of wonder if there's any formality somewhere
> along the chain, like there is with committing things to the Debian
> repos.
>
> Just sort of curious at this point.

Though I know this won't fill up your thirst for knowledge, in the
absence of more information on this regard (on this "policy") I keep as
good what is written at Debian website and their wiki.

For a deep look inside this, I would ask into Debian project mailing
list, or another mailing list that suits for this question.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón