Print a message to all terminals at boot

I have a Debian Squeeze system that exposes a terminal on the serial
line (ttyS0) and the usual tty ones. I would like to print a message
at the very end of the boot sequence, but before any user logs in (the
message is a diagnostic that may affect whether the user logs in at
all).

If I put, say, echo "Message" in /etc/rc.local, it only shows up on
the serial console. How can I print a message to all consoles?

Cheers,
Jason