Re: Lenny (Debian 5.0) approaching end of life

On Mi, 04 ian 12, 17:37:42, Camaleón wrote:

> > No new Lenny updates after 6 February 2012.
>
> Yes, unfortunately Debian team changed their mind at the middle of the
> proccess. This unforeseen change forces me to keep my lenny systems until
> wheezy is released which means having unpatched servers and workstations
> for months ;-(

Could you elaborate on the "change of mind"? As far as I know (but can't
find the reference right now) oldstable is supported one year after a
stable release or until the next release, whichever comes *first*[1].

[1] Since Debian has been releasing once about every 2 years this
usually means oldstable is supported only one year after the release.

Kind regards,
Andrei