Re: what's the nice package to open eps file

On 03/01/12 20:27, lina wrote:
> On Tuesday 03,January,2012 04:37 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 03/01/12 16:09, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>>> On 2012-01-03 15:36:48 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> <snipped>

<snipped>

>> I'd interpreted the "open" in the original question to mean "view as an
>> image" - and I still don't know what was actually required. That's the
>> OP's call - if you have some special insight there, please share.
> Sorry if I asked something misleading.

I "thought" I understood your question.

> ( I feel I am innocent here, am I?).

Far as I know.

> Yesterday my gimp did not work, which was the only one I relied on to
> view figures.
> that's why I was looking for the "nice" alternative. I googled several
> package out, but not sure which one is the nice. so I asked the list,
> wanna hear the suggestions, and at the same time, the gimp was fixed
> with the help from the list.
> I like this list very much, regardless how immature or low-level my
> questions I asked, I always get another windows opened, to let me learn
> something or see something. Thanks.

It's a great resource - provided me with invaluable assistance for more
year than I care to count.

It's very rare to see anyone's questions not get response within a
couple of days (even it if it's "do your homework/RTFM"). And usually
the person asking will won't be bombed with conflicting advice - all
with moderation, rosters, titles, karma or other childishness. I can't
think of another distro forum/list that can claim that.

> Sorry, I don't have a "quality" understanding about those things. more
> about working, less about how does it works or how perfect it's supposed
> to work.

If you had the "understanding about those things" I guess you'd have no
reason to ask questions ;-p

> At last thanks for all provided your ideas and suggestions.
>
> Best regards,
>
> May all of our energy and time contribute to something constructive !

Now there's an idea!
:-D

Cheers